Welcome to the Website of the Traffic Director's Guild of America
Photos (from left): Andrew Lack, Heads NBC News & MSNBC; Actor Harrison Ford in Fair to Moderate Conbdition foillowing plane crash landing; Former WDEL Sportscaster Bill Pheiffer, Dead at 90; Walking Dead TV Actor Steven Yeun; Big Boy Kurt Alexander; Seinfeld Actor Daniel Von Bargen dies at 64; Oprah Closing Chicago Studio Heading West; Entravision's New CMO Maria Lopez-Knowles; Cumulus Midwest VP Donna Baker; Chicago Mkt. Manager for Cumulus Peter Bowen; Lew Dickey to Handle Added Duties as Radio EVP at Cumulus;
- 03/06/15 - Unemployment Rate Drops to 5.5%; 295,000 Jobs Added in February
- 03/06/15 - Hispanic Population To Double in Next 45 Years
- 03/06/15 - Andrew Lack New Head of NBC News & MSNBC
- 03/05/15 - Harrison Ford in Fair Condition After Small Plane Crash Near Santa Monica
- 03/05/15 - Komando Issues An Update Alert on Certain Router Models
- 03/05/15 - Former Blue Hens Sportscaster Bill Pheiffer; Dead at 90
- 03/05/15 - Member Download: The Infinite Dial 2015 from Edison Research/Triton Digital
- 03/05/15 - The Walking Dead Talk TV at the NAB Show April 14th
- 03/04/15 - L.A. Court Lifts Restraining Order, Big Boy Heads For iHeartMedia
- 03/04/15 - ‘Seinfeld’ Actor Daniel von Bargen Dead at 64
- 03/04/15 - NRB Convention Attracts 15% Increased Attendance in Nashville
- 03/03/15 - Oprah Closing Chicago Studio; Moving to West Hollywood by Year's End
- 03/03/15 - All FCC Commissioners Participating in the NAB Show in Vegas This April
- 03/03/15 - House approves Homeland Security budget as GOP gives up fight
- 03/03/15 - NAB Picks The Right Week To Talk About Political Ad Avails & Preemptions
- 03/03/15 - Cumulus Promotes New Managers for Midwest and Chicago Markets
- 03/03/15 - After A Year On The Shelf, WILV Claims the Sought After WSHE Calls
- 03/03/15 - No New EVP For Cumulus; Lew Dickey Will Delegate The Duties
- 03/03/15 - Entravision Appoints Its First CMO, Maria Lopez-Knowles
- 03/03/15 - Colleen Valkoun Names Mkt. Mgr. for Milwaukee & Madison
- TDGA Q&A: Q&A: How Do You Handle the Logging, Billing and Affidavits (If Needed) for a :30-or :60-Second Spot That Ends Up Running Considerably Short?
Photos (from Left): Time Change Reminder- Clocks Move forward an hour Sunday morning, March 8th;Eric Mathewson, Founder/CEO of WideOrbit; Gordon Bayliss, VP, WNED/WBFO proffers a boilerplate one-paragraph policy statement on pre-empts; Michael Atkin. President, BroadView Software; Charlie Vogt, Landmark OSI/Imagine Communications
- 03/05/15 - Traffic Software Companies Starting To Reveal Many New Items Ready for NAB Show
- 03/05/15 - Connecticut Broadcasters Offer Scholarships -Deadline is March 13th
- 03/05/15 - When Google Re-pricesby Desirability, Can Radio Be Far Behind?
- 03/05/15 - Free Guest Pass To The NAB Exhibit Floor, Compliments of BroadView Traffic
- 03/04/15 - When You Can; And Can't Use "March Madness" On The Air In Copy, Promos, Spots, Etc.
- 03/04/15 - Fourteen Traffic Software Systems Qualify for Satisfaction Survey Rankings
- 03/04/15 - WideOrbit Unveils Fully Integrated WO Streaming As Companion to the WO Traffic Suite
- 03/02/15 - Flood Threat Moves Kentucky EAS "Live Code Tornado Drill to March 10th
- 03/02/15 - Another 'Order' Has Been Placed For More Control In Programmatic
- 02/28/15 - Have You Designed A "No-Tune-Out-Clock" For Your Radio Logs?
- 02/27/15 - Pre-Printed "Spot Length" Policy Worth Considering on Time Orders, Contracts
- Reminder: MI, OH, KY & TN Traffic Schedulers: Next EAS Regional Test Planned for March 18th
- 03/06/15 - Mediaocean Integrates Spotify Into Buying Platform
- 03/06/15 - Tribune TV-Ent. Adjusted 4Q Revenues Up 15%
- 03/05/15 - iHeart "Stick Value" Drops as They Convert certain assets to Cash
- 03/05/15 - Cumulus Stock slips about 5% as market swings up, then down this week
- 03/05/15 - ADP Finds Private Sector Added 212,000 Jobs in February
- 03/05/15 - Gray TV Sees 86% Revenue Increase in 4th Qtr.; 47% for Year
- 03/05/15 - Why Wal-Mart Backed Out of Google's Local Inventory Ad Servce
- 03/05/15 - The Fate of Obamacare for MIllions Now Rests In The Hands of The Supreme Court
- 03/05/15 - Nielsen Acquires DMP eXelate, Enters Programmatic Audience-Buying Marketplace
- 03/04/15 - Marc Graboff Names President of Discovery Communications
- 03/04/15 - Analyst Makes The Case For Programmatic TV
- 03/04/15 - Scripps 4Q TV Station Revenue Grows 28%; Consolidated Revenues Up 11%
- 03/04/15 - PayPal Buys Mobile Payments Startup Paydiant
- March Regulatory Dates for Broadcasters – Closed Captioning Quality Standards Effective Date, Comments on Online Public File, MVPD Status for Online Video Providers, LIFO for Political Ads, and FRNs for Biennial Ownership Reports
- FCC Renews Television Station Licenses after Challenges on the Educational Nature of Children’s Programming – With a Warning to Other Broadcasters
- FCC Broadcast-Related Enforcement Monitor - Updated: Feb. 26, 2015
- Business Manager Advisory: ACA Health Insurance Premium Reimbursement Arrangements Get Relief
- Protecting Broadcast Investors’ Social Security Numbers for the Biennial Ownership Report for Commercial Broadcasters (and, Potentially, Noncommercial Ones Too)
March 8, 2015 - Daylight Savings Time Begins - TDGA reminds that in States observing the change from Standard to Daylight Savings time that the clock advances one-hour at 2:00am (local time) and that the hour from 2am to 3am is deleted on March 8th ONLY. Thus for scheduling purposes of commercials, underwriting or programs, the broadcast day is only 23-hours long on this day ONLY.
March 16, 2015 - All Television Stations Licensed by FCC must begin compliance with the new obligations imposed by the Closed Caption Qua;lity Rules, including caption quality standards, "best practices," for captioning record-keeping requirements and new standards for [processing FCC complaints about stations using the Electronic Newsroom Technique (ENT).
March 16, 2015 - Post-Filing License Renewal Announcements for Radio and Television Stations—Full-power television stations and Class A television stations, as well as LPTV stations capable of local origination, licensed to communities in New Jersey or New York must begin on this date to air their post-filing license renewal announcements in accordance with the FCC's regulations. Additional announcements must also air on April 1, and April 16. TV Translator stations, as well as LPTV stations not capable of local origination, licensed to communities in these states must arrange for the required newspaper public notice of their license renewal application filing.
March 16, 2015 - Pre-Filing License Renewal Announcements for Radio and Television Stations—Full-power television stations and Class A television stations, as well as LPTV stations capable of local origination, licensed to communities in Delaware or Pennsylvania, must on this date begin to air their pre-filing license renewal announcements in accordance with the FCC's regulations. Additional announcements must air on March 16.
Mar.16, 2015: Comment Deadline Date on Extending Online Public File Obligations to Radio, Cable & Satellite
- 03/05/15 - Heineken Plans Increased Marketing, Digital Spending in 2015
- 03/04/15 - Trio of IPG Shops Selected For NY Lottery Ad Duties
- 03/04/15 - Target's Strategic Overhaul Includes Cost Cuts, Digital Focus
- 03/04/15 - Omnicom Commits $50M To In-Theater Advertising Network
- 03/04/15 - Startup Brings Sponsored Alerts To Digital Medical Records
- 03/04/15 - Target's Hispanic Push Highlights Unique Spanish Words
- 03/03/15 - Jeff Goldblum Stars in National Apartments.com Campaign
- 03/03/15 - Yuengling To Focus on History In Campaign from Allen & Gerritsen
- 03/03/15 - Geico Pre-Roll Ads Offer Surprise After the First 5-Seconds
- 03/03/15 - Enterprise Launches Spaniush-language Campaign in 6-Markets
TDGA is a non-union association dedicated to serving Revenue Management Scheduling Broadcast professionals, Accounts Receivable, Continuity, Operations and Business Management personnel. Most come from staffs of the world's leading Radio, Television, Cable, Website and Mobile service providers from more than 5,000 Broadcast facilities in the United States, Canada and 15 other nations. It has properly been described as an association that elevates members from an employment "position" to a true Broadcast "profession." Members seek, provide and exchange information, tips and techniques involving their skill sets.
Membership dues are modest, The ENTIRE FIRST YEAR'S membership dues are $45.00 (about 12-cents a day) Then a reduction to $30.00 per year FOR EACH ONE-YEAR PERIOD THEREAFTER (less than one-thin dime a day) . And there are no hidden costs, no surprise add-on expenses. Hundreds of pages, valuable exclusive reports, guides to solutions... all for that once a year fee. Not a member? You may join online via credit card (TDGA dues are tax-deductible as a professional expense) If you prefer to mail your application using a check for payment, CLICK HERE for a PDF Downloadable Join-By-Mail Form.