Welcome to the Website of the Traffic Director's Guild of America
Certified: (adjective) - Having met established or official requirements that are needed to do a particular type of work or responsibility; Approved by a competent authoritative body as having met a standard of expertise in a profession or specialty field of endeavor.
Political Certification Study Guide & First Exam (of 2) Now Posted in Member's Resource Library - Thanks for your patience! The TDGA Political Study Guide (51 Pages) is finally in place for Member's Access. The entire program is free (to Members Only) courtesy of TDGA. Think of it as a belated gift in honor of Traffic Professional's Day (last week).
Photos (from left): Black Friday arrives to Retailer's delight (the traditional day to start Holiday shopping); SCBA Head Shani White Retires; Cogeco Cable's Louise St. Pierre Gets Canadian Top Woman Exec. Award; DWTS Winners are Bindi Irwin and Derek Hough; Maria Browne advises TDGA of Closed Captioning Changes for MPVDs; KPLU Advisory Council Says They're Against Sale to KUOW; Cynthia Robinson of Sly & Family Stione, Dead at 69; WCCO Radio Host for 4 Decades, Charlie Boone; Dies at 88;Jim Gearhart Retiring after 25 years at WKXW in Trenton NJ
- 11/27/15 - Canadian Broadcasters Lose, Canadian Music Wins in Supreme Court Case
11/27/25 - "Black Friday" Begins Retailer's Holiday Shopping Incentives
- The Day Businesses Allegedly See their Ledgers Start Showing Black Ink instead of Red
- 11/26/15 - NBC KIcks Off Thanksgiving Day With Macy's 89th Parade
- 11/26/15 - Cumulus Chicago Moving To New Address(es) Over Next Few Months
- 11/26/15 - Louise St. Pierre Named Tops of Canada's Top 100 Executive Women
- 11/25/15 - TVs & Electronics Top The Black Friday Bargains As Major Shopping Day Arrives
- 11/25/15 - Black Friday Has Retailers & Big Box Stores Hoping for Weekend Long Selling
- 11/25/15 - Talking Turkey To Get Pardons for "Honest" and "Abe"
- 11/25/15 - FCC Adds Even More Close Captioning Regulations for MPVDs
- 11/24/15 - Not With My KPLU You Don't Says Station Advisory Council
- 11/24/15 - DC Court Transfers FCC Media Ownership Decision to Third Circuit Cancels Oral Argument
- 11/24/15 - Cynthia Robinson of Sly " Family Stone Dies from Cancer at 69
- 11/23/15 - Jim Gearhart Retiring after 25 years at WKXW in Trenton
- 11/23/15 - Charlie Boone, WCCO Weekend Mainstay for Decades, Dies at 88
- 11/23/15 - Oklahoma Broadcaster Bill Payne Dies at 76
- 11/23/15 - Detroit Lions Announce Change of Radio Flagship Stations for 2016
- 11/23/15 - Steelers Re-Up Their Radio Rights With WDVE
- 11/23/15 - RAB Announces Radio Mercury Awards Advisory Council
11/22/15 - Democrat John Bel Edwards Declared Winner in Louisiana Governor Runoff;
- Jingal Term Limps To an End; Vitter To Retire From Senate
- Q&A: If a candidate isn't using an agency; and another one has an agency wanting 15%, can I offer two rates for different candidates for the same elected Federal office?
- Q&A: I've read about ending orders with bonus spots during Political Window periods. Can't I just stop scheduling the bonus part of the package, to re-calculate my LUR/LUC?
Headline Articles Appearing in the Traffic Digest Secton:
- 11/25/15 - Why Does the FCC Want To End The Exclusivity Rule?
- 11/25/15 - The First Of Many Salary Alternatives & Options Surface for 2016
- 11/24/15 - Hope For The Best: FCC Debuts New Website on 12/10
- 11/24/15 - Employee Happiness Is Key Predictor of Loyalty & Media Is In The "Danger" Zone
- 11/19/15 - El Examen, La Prueba - FEMA, Broadcasters In Multilingual EAS Test in AZ, MN, NM, UT, NV and WI
- 11/18/15 - GroupM Tells: Keep It Zipped On Remuneration, Media-Buying & Rebates (Read in Business Briefs)
- 11/17/15 - Labor Department Proposes To Allow State Run IRA's for Employees Without Employer Plans
- 11/14/15 - Traffic Front & Center in Discussion on Exempt/Non-Exempt Overtime Proposed Rulemaking
- 11/14/15 - Imagine’s Landmark xG Swaps Ad Tax for Simple License
- TDGA RADIO Confidential Salary Survey for 2015-16 Launched
- Takes about 4-Minutes to Complete all 20 Questions
- Be Part of the North American Salary Study; 100% Confidential
- All Categories: Mahor Hubs to One-Person Shops
TDGA TELEVISION Confidential Salary Survey for 2015-16 Launches
- Takes about 4-Minute to Complete all 20 Questions
- We're Gathering Data for Hubs, Spokes, Standalones, Networks and
- No Names but a Great Peak Under The Paycheck Hood
Political Headlines & Updates - Please note that while TDGA would prefer to remain non-political in the articles of a political nature, the significant impact of political advertising in our member's business interests cannot allow us to turn a blind eye to this segment of our Industry. We make a concerted effort to provide a balanced presentation. Any inferences, implications and or opinions expressed in these articles do not necessarily reflect those of TDGA, its advertisers or its membership. All articles are provided for informational purposes only and their sources are clearly identified via hyperlinks to the original published material. TDGA does, however, reserve the right not to publish material that we believe lacks any credible basis in fact or is not attributable to a direct quote
Photos (from Left): ABC Reveals Debate Moderators As David Muir and Marha Raddatz; Donald Trump continues to be the headline-maker, But it's not all; "Good Press"; George Will provides new target for Trump by promting Christie in column; Former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley (D-MD) first to qualify for matching Federal Funds in Presidential bid; Number 3 in the GOP Polls... and rising. Ted Cruz (R-TX) gets a backhanded boost with Trump saying he'd make a great Veep for The Donald; Latest to seek NBC SNL Equal Time slots are Mike Huckabee and Jim Gilmore; WHO-TV Gives an hour to each GOP Candidate on One Topic;
- 11/27/15 - Who's Running, Retiring, Adding or Deleting Their Hats In The Ring?
- 11/25/15 - Republicans Hatch Plan To Take Down Trump
- 11/24/15 - Quinnipac Poll in Iowa Shows Trump Slightly Ahead of Cruz, Carson Sliding
- 11/24/15 - David Muir and Martha Raddatz Will Moderate ABC’s Primary Debates
- 11/23/15 - Trump Dominates Political Headlines; On Multiple Fronts
- 11/23/15 - CNN Criteria For Inclusion for Dec. 15th GOP Debate Looks Like 9 at Adult Table
- 11/20/15 - Five GOP Presidential Candidates Get Air Time From NBC Following Trump SNL Appearance
- 11/20/15 - Once Again It's Free Press For The Donald As He Attacks George Will on Fox
- 11/20/15 - Trump Ads Poll Insurance; Plunks Down $300k for Key Primaries Radio Buy
- 11/26/15 - Lindsay Carr: Kentuckian By Way of Illinois Heads for Tennessee
- 11/25/15 - Meredith Considers Incentives To Complete Media General Merger
- 11/25/15 - Comcast Ad Practices Draw Federal Anti-Trust Scrutiny
- 11/25/15 - Washington-Baltimore Radio Ratings Higher Under Nielsen Encoding Changes
- 11/24/15 - Corus to Focus on Core Brands and Exits Regional Pay TV
- 11/24/15 - Jim Pattison Group Appoints Bill Stovold as IT/Engineering Director
- 11/23/15 - Cumulus Adds Operations Tasks To Bill Hess Corporate PD Responsibilities
- Closing the 2003 FM Translator Window – Mutually Exclusive Noncommercial Applications Set for Resolution by Point System Paper Hearings
Coming Up On The TDGA Traffic Calendar:
Friday, November 27, 2015
- Black Friday – Traditional Major Sales Day for Retailers (Considered a State Gov’t Holiday in 24 States)
- American Indian Heritage Day (Maryland)
- President’s Day (Observed in New Mexico)
Sunday, November 29, 2015
- Final Day of November, 2015 on Standard Broadcast Month Calendar
- First Sunday of Advent (Christian)
Audible Crawl Requirement for Television Stations: - By November 30, 2015 - television stations must install and begin operating equipment that will take the text of emergency alert crawls (such as weather alerts, but not school closings) run during any non-news entertainment programming and convert those crawls into speech, with that audio to be broadcast on the station's SAP channel.
Dec. 1, 2015 Deadline to place EEO Public File Report in public inspection file and on station’s Internet website for all nonexempt radio and television stations in Alabama, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota and Vermont.
Dec. 1, 2015 Deadline to file Biennial Ownership Report for all noncommercial radio stations in Alabama, Connecticut, Georgia, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire Rhode Island and Vermont, and noncommercial television stations in Colorado, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota and South Dakota.
Dec. 1, 2015 Deadline to file EEO Broadcast Mid-term Report for all radio stations in employment units with more than 10 full-time employees in Alabama and Georgia.
Dec. 2, 2015 Deadline for all commercial radio and television stations to file Biennial Ownership Report with data accurate of as October 1.
Here's your Quick Read of what's happening and who's involved in the latest advertising news.
- 11/25/15 - W+K Ends Crews, Mustafa's Battle in Old Spice Spot
- 11/25/15 - HP Focuses on Reinventing Itself in Holiday Spot
- 11/24/15 - Pfizer-Allergan Merger Spawns Advertising Colossus
- 11/24/15 - Julia Louis Dreyfus Ties Up Snoop Dogg in Old Navy Spot
- 11/23/15 - Cocal Cola Sends Christmas Greetingd via Spot Campaign
- 11/23/15 - Ouch! Hallmark Rejects TV for Digital in Holiday Campaign
- 11/23/15 - Cutwater touts Peet's Handcrafted Quality in Holiday Push
- 11/23/15 - Fiat Chrysler Teams With Music Stars in American Music Awards
- 11/23/15 - Schwarzenegger Stars As General for Machine Zone Game
11/23/15 - Monday Morning Accounts On The Move (MediaPost Feature)
Le Moyne College -The BAM Connection
Gaia - Cactus
Hankook Tire America - Innocean
The Adventure Project -O'Hara Project
Brickell City Centre -MING Utility and Entertainment Group
To Join TDGA as a New Member, Please Click The "Join TDGA Icon":
If there are any questions, unique circumstances or assistance needed, please feel free to send us an e-mail to email@example.com and we'll do our best to answer questions or assist you.
TDGA is a non-union membership association dedicated to serving Revenue Management Scheduling Broadcast professionals, Accounts Receivable, Continuity, Operations and Business Management personnel. Most come from staffs of the world's leading Radio, Television, Cable, Website and Mobile service providers from more than 5,000 Broadcast facilities in the United States, Canada and 15 other nations. It has properly been described as an association that elevates members from an employment "position" to a true Broadcast "profession." Members seek, provide and exchange information, tips and techniques involving their skill sets.
Membership dues are modest, The membership dues for the first year are $45.00 (about 12-cents a day) Then a reduction to $30.00 per year FOR EACH ONE-YEAR PERIOD THEREAFTER. And there are no hidden costs, no surprise add-on expenses. Hundreds of pages, valuable exclusive reports, guides to solutions... all for that once a year fee. Not a member? You may join online via credit card (TDGA dues are tax-deductible as a professional expense) If you prefer to mail your application using a check for payment, CLICK HERE for a PDF Downloadable Join-By-Mail Form.